Saturday, February 02, 2013

Making it up

I was very kindly given a £50 personal shopper gift for Debenhams, for Christmas which included a beauty consultation with one of the cosmetic counters in store. My usual make-up buying experience goes something along the lines of 'nearly the cheapest I can find in Boots' (not the cheapest - I've had some bad itchy eye experiences with really cheap mascara) and my usual skin care routine in the morning is face wash, moisturiser and perhaps a swish of mascara if I'm feeling really either in need of a lift or can be bothered!

So I asked my personal shopper to pick the beauty counter and it was fabulous being treated to a full facial makeover. But it reinforces why I don't really go in for make-up all that much - full face of make-up took nearly an hour! Now clearly this wouldn't be everybody's everyday routine, butI really don't think I've got the energy or the inclination to go for anything much more than I do at the moment. Mostly because I'm lazy!

But, should I wish to follow a new skin care and make-up regime a la today, it would go something like this -

cleanser
tone
moisturiser
special face serum
eye cream (which I bought some of - naughty!)
primer
foundation
something called meterorite balls (I think?) whose purpose seemed to be just to give my skin a little extra sparkle
bronzer/blusher
primer for my lips
lip gloss
eye shadow - about 5 different colours blended in various combinations and applied to specific parts of my eye lid to give shape and definition
mascara

Hmmm...I think it's going to take a lot for me to swap an extra 20 minutes in bed for that. Is that wrong?

No comments: