Thursday, December 23, 2010

Something to try when I'm feeling brave...



A tiny gingerbread house that perches on the edge of your mug! How cool.

Tomorrow sees the icing extravaganza which will be our Christmas cake this year...I am also planning to use some edible glitter - very exciting. Mince pies made today - Rachel Allen, we bow to you for your sweet shortcrust pastry!!

We are hosting Christmas dinner this year for ourselves, Leigh's parents and his brother so once again Leigh will be cooking up a storm in the kitchen! Ham being baked tonight, along with the red cabbage side dish for Christmas dinner. We'll be chopping vegetables and laying the table tomorrow night hoping to minimise the amount of stuff needing to be done on Christmas day itself. Christingle and nativity at church this morning, I now have a glass of champagne in my hand and am starting to feel very festive indeed. I'm hoping to get a picture of the cake up tomorrow, but if not, I wish a very happy and joyful Christmas to anyone reading this.

No comments: