Sunday, April 09, 2006

On my birthday...

Saw this in Alex's blog (entry Fri April 7th) and thought it sounded like a good idea: Go to Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org/). Type in your birth date (but not year). List three events that happened on your birthday. List two important birthdays and one interesting death. Post this in your journal.

Birthday - 27th January

Events
1593 - Vatican opens 7year trial against Giordano Bruno. Perhaps not interesting in itself but I have played a game for the PC called In Memoriam in which this was key (!! I'm getting as geeky as my husband!)

1926 - John Logie Baird demonstrates the first TV broadcast

1996 - Germany observes its 1st Holocaust Remembrance Day

Births
1756 - Wolgang Amadeus Mozart (which I already knew)

1832 - Lewis Caroll

1956 - Alan Cumming

Deaths
1910 - Thomas Crapper

Hurrah! Oh and why am I up so early on a Sunday? Dance exam in an hour!

No comments: